Pale Moon for Windows is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows (with other operating systems in development), focusing on efficiency and customization. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon for Windows
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code a number of years ago, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browser’s stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
Mozilla only releases Windows executables with optimum compatibility in mind, meaning that Firefox is made to run on as many different systems as feasible, giving up efficiency and also speed at the same time to be compatible with, by current criteria, absolutely old equipment (in reverse compatible to the very first Pentium processors from 1993).
Main features of Pale Moon
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on the Unified XUL Platform (UXP) containing our own optimized layout and rendering engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated with the latest security patches
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Zero ads; no telemetry, spyware or data gathering
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom for any element’s design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Superior gradients and fonts
- Will continue to support NPAPI plugins like Flash and Java
- Support for many “legacy” Firefox extensions, but please read this
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for existing web standards
Other optimisations are a lot more technical. Particularly, Firefox is compiled with the most conservative of setups, to ensure that it’ll run on also ancient CPUs. Pale Moon Latest Version, however, is optimised to take full advantage of modern processors, and also this could give it a big benefit over Firefox in some locations.
25 December 2020